Car Insurance in El Paso, TX
We've Got Car Insurance in El Paso Covered.
Next time you're driving to a Chihuahua’s baseball game or going to one of the many golf courses in the El Paso area, help make sure you and your car are protected with insurance coverage from Allstate.
Car Insurance Requirements in El Paso, Texas
Similar to most states, Texas requires all drivers to have auto insurance coverage.
Browse the Allstate directory.
The Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) states the following as the minimum requirements:
- Bodily Injury Liability: $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident
- Property Damage Liability: $25,000 per accident
Some optional coverages you may want to consider are uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage and personal injury protection (PIP). Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may help protect you in the event that you get in an accident with a driver who doesn't have auto insurance. This coverage may help pay your medical bills, compensate you for lost wages or fix damage to your vehicle. PIP may help cover related medical expenses no matter who is at fault in an accident. It can help pay for medical bills related to the accident and other associated expenses such as lost income, childcare and household services, up to the limit stated in your policy.
You may want to make sure you and your vehicle are protected in many different scenarios. Additional coverage can be added above the minimum requirements. Talk with a local Allstate agent to discuss what you may want in car insurance coverage.
Additional Coverage Options with Allstate
In addition to the state required auto insurance, Allstate provides a few extra coverage options that you may want to consider for more protection. Comprehensive car insurance may help cover damage that is not related to a collision such as theft, vandalism and fire. Collision coverage may help you pay for damage to your vehicle in the event you are involved in an accident. An Allstate agent can help you discuss these additional auto insurance coverages.
If you have auto insurance with Allstate, a multi-policy discount may be able to help you save when you bundle it with a homeowners or life insurance policy.
Resources for El Paso, Texas
- TDI offers information related to workers' compensation and the state fire marshal, in addition to many insurance-related resources.
- The City of El Paso offers up-to-date public alert and incident notifications on accidents, congestion and more around the El Paso area.
- Make sure you are aware of the laws regarding the use of mobile devices while driving, as implemented by the Texas Department of Transportation. Help ensure the safety of others by never participating in distracted driving.